Friday 5 December 2008

Irish Nature Bloggers

I have received a request from an Eire-based blogger who would like to join the UK Natural History Bloggers webring and have her blog added to the map.

I find myself faced with a dilemma: I would like to support this blogger, but I realise that enrolling Eire-based members may cause misunderstanding and/or offence. Some people may get the impression that we are saying that Eire is part of the United Kingdom!

So what should I do? Make an exception in this one case? Change the name of the group to UK & Eire Natural History Bloggers?

Your views and comments would be greatly appreciated.

4 comments:

P said...

Maybe change it to "British Isles Bloggers", although this causes offence to some too!

Anonymous said...

I would like to suggest that the web ring is expanded to become 'EU Nature Bloggers'. There are lots of very interesting nature blogs published by ex-pats who are now living in other parts of Europe. Many of these ex-pats get great pleasure from regularly reading & keeping up to date with nature blogs from the UK, but at the same time would like to share their own sightings and natural history adventures in their new adopted countries! Just as many birds migrate to and fro between UK and Europe, it would be nice if our blogs could too!

Roger B. said...

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm not sure how easy it will be to change the name of the webring, so I need to do a bit of research.

It may turn out to be easier to start again from scratch!

Any other ideas, comments or suggestions?

Roger B. said...

It wasn't as difficult as I thought it might be!